This beautiful house built in the 19th. Century, located in the Quartier Saint Catherine, was converted into a restaurant in 1896 following the establishment of the Fish Market
Considered as one of the best restaurants in Brussels for more than half a century, this property did not survive the dismantling of the market and the construction of the Metro
In 1988, Michel and Sophie breathed new life into this establishment with the opening
of the restaurant "La Truite d'Argent" and the creation of 6 hotel rooms.
In 2002, a new project came to life. The number of rooms was tripled and an exciting and new idea was created, a theme hotel: 17 rooms representing a world tour
to do so, Michel decides to put aside his knives, pots and to close down his restaurant.
The couple will only focus on the development of the hotel.
The construction of two new floors at the back of the house was necessary
These two additional floors were built in Ghent and transported as one piece on huge trucks to the hotel were "stapled" to the former stables.
In 15 days everything was operational, a feat for engineers and entrepreneurs!
The restaurant is therefore disbanded in 2003 in favor of a reception and breakfast room.
The last room, "The Belgian" family room has been inaugurated in November 2012.
Year after year, the decorations are refined comfort improvements are in line with modern technology and respect for the environment.
|Sophie et Michel